Letter: Party with the pilots
December 3, 2015
The Aspen chapter of the Ninety-Nines will be hosting its annual Holiday Pilots' Party on Wednesday from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. It will be held on the top floor of the Mountain Chalet at 333 E. Durant Ave. in Aspen, with potluck appetizers and desserts plus a cash bar. While it is free and open to the public, donations are gladly accepted and appreciated to help cover the costs of both the party and the Betty Pfister Memorial Scholarship, which is new this year.
This past spring, the Ninety-Nines awarded our scholarship for flight training through the wonderful Aspen AERO AV8R program at the Aspen schools, and the winners were announced in the local newspapers and online in April. We will honor these remarkable young ladies at the party, as well.
All aviation enthusiasts are invited to come celebrate the holidays and talk flying with old friends, plus make new ones. If you are not yet on our email list, please call 970-925-5510 with your address. We hope to see you all on Wednesday!
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Area high school students survive car crash into Maroon Creek
- Aspen’s affordable housing authority looks at increasing user fees
- Vail employee allegedly slept with child prostitute in Glenwood Springs
- Pay hike helps Aspen Skiing Co. fill entry-level positions
- What’s the Big Deal: Red Mountain property fetches $14.675 million