Letter: Party respectfully
September 21, 2013
Lots of hoopla lately about downtown bar noise versus "elites." Just a reminder that not every downtown resident lives in a multimillion-dollar penthouse. Lots of us are working locals who have been here for decades. We rely on our noise ordinance so we can sleep.
Aren't real live locals living downtown part of the "messy vitality" we want? Who can live with ear-blasting amplified music assaulting the peace at all hours? Hotel guests need rest after a day of cycling or skiing, too.
Sure, it's a party town; just keep the party behind closed, sound-insulated doors after 10 p.m., and keep those booming oversized speakers inside too.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Parents demand change at Aspen School District, fill school board meeting
- Snowmass bear killing prompts state investigation after neighbor confronts hunter
- Glenwood Hot Springs to add new water attractions
- Four fires burning in northwestern Colorado, including new one near Wyoming border
- Aspen man accused of killing pedestrian on Highway 82 makes initial appearance