Letter: Party respectfully
September 21, 2013
Lots of hoopla lately about downtown bar noise versus "elites." Just a reminder that not every downtown resident lives in a multimillion-dollar penthouse. Lots of us are working locals who have been here for decades. We rely on our noise ordinance so we can sleep.
Aren't real live locals living downtown part of the "messy vitality" we want? Who can live with ear-blasting amplified music assaulting the peace at all hours? Hotel guests need rest after a day of cycling or skiing, too.
Sure, it's a party town; just keep the party behind closed, sound-insulated doors after 10 p.m., and keep those booming oversized speakers inside too.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Homeowner near Aspen takes Starwood HOA to court over $900k in fines
- Tenants above fitness studio file lawsuit over noise
- City of Aspen preparing for upheaval of pedestrian malls
- City of Aspen warns motorists of major delays over bridge beginning April 2
- Feds intervene in Basalt cell service dispute, prompting answer from Verizon