Letter: Party respectfully
September 21, 2013
Lots of hoopla lately about downtown bar noise versus "elites." Just a reminder that not every downtown resident lives in a multimillion-dollar penthouse. Lots of us are working locals who have been here for decades. We rely on our noise ordinance so we can sleep.
Aren't real live locals living downtown part of the "messy vitality" we want? Who can live with ear-blasting amplified music assaulting the peace at all hours? Hotel guests need rest after a day of cycling or skiing, too.
Sure, it's a party town; just keep the party behind closed, sound-insulated doors after 10 p.m., and keep those booming oversized speakers inside too.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Aspen-area men die in backcountry avalanche near Crested Butte
- Aspen-area has suffered the brunt of Colorado’s fatal avalanches this year
- Aspen man charged in political official assault
- What’s the Big Deal: $6.8 million for luxury cabin outside of Aspen
- Monday Business Briefs: Little Nell and Steakhouse No. 316 get props; Aspen estate bound for auction