Letter: Opposed to a bigger Glenwood bridge
October 7, 2014
After reading a lot of letters lately about the proposed bridge replacements, I've come to a couple of conclusions:
1. If that misbegotten monster gets built, I'm going to ask my boss if I can move into his upvalley basement for the construction duration.
2. Widening that perfectly serviceable and maintainable bridge will increase car and especially truck traffic through the heart of Glenwood.
Build it and they will come. Aspen can discourage traffic and we need a bridge to facilitate it?
And to those nervous nellies who claim great fear while driving on our Grand Bridge, I say take some driving lessons and get your eyesight checked.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Parents demand change at Aspen School District, fill school board meeting
- Parents petition for Aspen School District superintendent’s removal
- Aspen’s $20,000 bike lockers gain no traction with commuters
- Aspen man accused of killing pedestrian on Highway 82 makes initial appearance
- Aspen thief has tough road ahead, judge says