Letter: Open city board seats
October 29, 2014
The city of Aspen has two open seats on both the Planning and Zoning and Historic Preservation Commission boards. I would like to encourage any interested residents to apply. Both boards are served on by great volunteers giving their time and concern selflessly.
City Council has always sought to appoint a balance of professional knowledge and community representation. Both boards have seven appointees, of which three are desired to have a broad range of related work experience, the other four appointees are community members with the desire to volunteer. Right now both boards are well served by knowledgable professionals, but have openings for interested residents.
If you have the availability, and want to experience a really stimulating, important volunteer opportunity, I encourage you to contact the City Clerk office or go on line to submit an application.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Snowmass bear killing prompts state investigation after neighbor confronts hunter
- Four fires burning in northwestern Colorado, including new one near Wyoming border
- Parents demand change at Aspen School District, fill school board meeting
- What’s the Big Deal: Nearly $11 million for Aspen condo
- Business Monday: Small Aspen labor pool for job fair season