Letter: Open city board seats
October 29, 2014
The city of Aspen has two open seats on both the Planning and Zoning and Historic Preservation Commission boards. I would like to encourage any interested residents to apply. Both boards are served on by great volunteers giving their time and concern selflessly.
City Council has always sought to appoint a balance of professional knowledge and community representation. Both boards have seven appointees, of which three are desired to have a broad range of related work experience, the other four appointees are community members with the desire to volunteer. Right now both boards are well served by knowledgable professionals, but have openings for interested residents.
If you have the availability, and want to experience a really stimulating, important volunteer opportunity, I encourage you to contact the City Clerk office or go on line to submit an application.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Aspen Skiing Co. embraces uphilling, but says safe travel must improve
- Pay hike helps Aspen Skiing Co. fill entry-level positions
- What’s the Big Deal: Red Mountain property fetches $14.675 million
- Aspen superintendent supporters urge board to not placate parents
- Unsealed documents reveal more alleged rape cases in Aspen area