Letter: Old Town could benefit from community-centered riverfront
January 20, 2016
As a passive observer, I suspect if I lived in Snowmass Village I'd be mightily alarmed knowing half the mall was on the auction block just sitting there for the taking by any scammer in the world to exploit. I guess the question is, is Snowmass a community or just a resort?
As for Basalt, there is no question it is a community. How lucky they are to have an "old town." With all the sales tax dollars Willits pours into Basalt's coffers, it seems to be that Old Town could only benefit in the long run with a beautiful riverfront designed to bring community together. Willits is everything but cozy or romantic. So folks go to Willits to take care of practical needs and go to Old Town to enjoy feeling human. I'm having trouble understanding the problem.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Arrest made in Basalt bottle case after cops stake out dumping ground
- Aspen icon ‘Benny the Blade’ found off bike path, hospitalized
- Jazz Aspen Snowmass close to buying building home to Eric’s, Su Casa and other tenants
- Ex-Aspen Valley Hospital nurse files federal complaint
- Accidental gun discharge in Aspen leads to probation