Letter: Not to be missed
December 11, 2013
Not to be missed
I wanted to alert your readers to the upcoming performance of Theatre Aspen School's conservatory production of "The Importance of Being Earnest," by Oscar Wilde. Considered the culmination of Wilde's artistic career, this farcical comedy pokes fun at the social conventions of late Victorian London. Mocking serious traditions and customs, like the institution of marriage, the pursuit of love and proper social etiquette, the play is a comedy of manners delivered with a cadence and wit that is signature Wilde.
The ensemble production features several veterans of Theatre Aspen School's conservatory program, as well as talented newcomers. The entirely local cast includes Ben Belinski, Julia Foran, TJ Kaiser, Emery Major, Tatum Shane, Jaclyn Harris, Lyon Hamill, Luis Martinez and Raam Weinfeld.
I have had the good fortune of sitting in at some of the rehearsals and I can promise you that the audience is in for a treat.
It is simply amazing to see the young talent being groomed by Theatre Aspen and I'm thrilled that these teens have an opportunity to showcase their skills.
The show runs at the Aspen District Theatre at 7 p.m. on Thursday, Dec. 19 through Saturday, Dec. 21, and at 2 p.m. on Sunday, Dec. 22.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Parents petition for Aspen School District superintendent’s removal
- Aspen’s $20,000 bike lockers gain no traction with commuters
- Denver woman tied to escort service sought in Aspen fraud case
- Marijuana venture goes up in smoke, $5 million dispute lands in Aspen court
- SKI Magazine names Aspen-Snowmass inaugural ‘resort of the year’ in west