Letter: Not Disneyland
October 17, 2015
I was at the Saturday market with my "Vote No on Base2" signs. A young couple from Boulder asked me to recommend a place for an authentic latte. I didn't say, "Milan or Florence." After directing them to my favorite coffee denizen, they of course asked me what the sign was about.
Their reply to my explanation was something like this: "We have a three-day weekend, with the Monday holiday and all. Our parents took our little kids so we could spend a few days away. We decided the best place in Colorado is Aspen because it's a real community. It's beautiful. It isn't overbuilt. It doesn't feel like Disneyland."
Defeat Base2. Vote "no" on 2A.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Man arrested for alleged sexual contact in Aspen bar
- Aspen police: State agency assisting in investigation of former Aspen Skiing Co. director
- Backcountry skier killed on Quandary Peak south of Breckenridge
- Business Monday: Aspen native takes second-home experience to Los Cabos
- Skier who died Sunday at Quandary Peak identified