Letter: Not Disneyland
October 17, 2015
I was at the Saturday market with my "Vote No on Base2" signs. A young couple from Boulder asked me to recommend a place for an authentic latte. I didn't say, "Milan or Florence." After directing them to my favorite coffee denizen, they of course asked me what the sign was about.
Their reply to my explanation was something like this: "We have a three-day weekend, with the Monday holiday and all. Our parents took our little kids so we could spend a few days away. We decided the best place in Colorado is Aspen because it's a real community. It's beautiful. It isn't overbuilt. It doesn't feel like Disneyland."
Defeat Base2. Vote "no" on 2A.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Service restored after area-wide outage drops Roaring Fork Valley internet, some cell service
- Denver woman tied to escort service sought in Aspen fraud case
- Decades after Aspen-bound plane crash, surviving brothers reckon with trauma in documentary ‘3 Days 2 Nights’
- Man pleads guilty to killing Vail Valley woman
- Glenn K. Beaton: The 2020 Dem spectacle: Spartacus and the Native American