Letter: Neighbors help trail work come to fruition
October 1, 2014
As Rio Grande Trail users have likely noticed, the paving of roughly 2 more miles of the trail as well as the construction of a new stretch of adjacent, soft-surface trail are now complete. Trail users will find the new dual-surface segment extending upvalley from the Rio Grande's crossing of McLain Flats Road above Jaffee Park.
Pitkin County Open Space and Trails would like to thank the public and neighbors of the project site for their patience during the work, which required detours to accommodate construction and paving. The W/J Homeowners Association, in particular, deserves our thanks. The homeowners granted use of a private road through their subdivision during the project for both construction and detour purposes, helping facilitate a timely conclusion to the work and providing a detour that was far better for trail users than the other available alternative.
Thank you, W/J.
Assistant director, Pitkin County Open Space and Trails
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Roaring Fork Valley man killed in Express Creek avalanche near Aspen
- Video: Moose chases skiers at Breckenridge Ski Resort
- Arin Trook of Aspen ID’d as skier who died in Monday avalanche near Ashcroft
- Business Monday: Wrecking ball coming to Boogie’s Building in downtown Aspen
- Vail resident ID’d as second skier killed in Taos inbounds avalanche