Letter: My no-brainers for this election
October 23, 2015
3A, school tax: Seriously? We have the opportunity to reduce the deficit our schools are facing with a small increase to our property tax. Ah, OK — yes.
5A, hospital: Extend the funding source that has been in place for years? Ring the bell! Yes.
2B, Armory and a functioning City Hall: I was on the fence here until I read Mayor Steve Skadron's letter a couple of days ago. It's a "yes"! (Do you know the mayor secretly hates fireworks?)
2A, Base2: A little more to wade through here, but once you do (and you should), you will do what our Aspen elected officials did and vote "yes" for more hot beds.
That's my two cents on the election.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Storm brings heavy snow to Aspen, Snowmass area; avalanche warnings issued Friday
- Skier rescued from Aspen Mountain sidecountry
- Felony charges filed against Aspen teen who crashed Tesla into river, injured passengers
- Trap-kill may be only option for West Glenwood mountain lions (video)
- Family remembers skier who died at Breckenridge Ski Resort on Jan. 7