Letter: My no-brainers for this election
October 23, 2015
3A, school tax: Seriously? We have the opportunity to reduce the deficit our schools are facing with a small increase to our property tax. Ah, OK — yes.
5A, hospital: Extend the funding source that has been in place for years? Ring the bell! Yes.
2B, Armory and a functioning City Hall: I was on the fence here until I read Mayor Steve Skadron's letter a couple of days ago. It's a "yes"! (Do you know the mayor secretly hates fireworks?)
2A, Base2: A little more to wade through here, but once you do (and you should), you will do what our Aspen elected officials did and vote "yes" for more hot beds.
That's my two cents on the election.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Historic Redstone Castle comes back to life along the Crystal River
- Final Stranahan donation sterilizes upper Lenado
- Aspen Skiing Co. alters dog hours for uphillers at Buttermilk, Snowmass and Highlands
- Strafe Outerwear and Thai eatery on Snowmass Mall this winter, added employee housing in the works
- Juvenile who shot, killed dog near Carbondale sentenced two years in youth division