Letter: More affordable than Vail
October 4, 2015
In a recent letter to the editor, some statements were made regarding the price of a family ski vacation to Aspen-Snowmass in comparison with Vail ("Grandkids learning to ski in Vail," The Aspen Times, Sept. 30). After reviewing the claims in his letter, we do not feel they are accurate. While we believe Vail runs a world-class ski area and provides a very good vacation experience, when we ran the numbers, it was more affordable for a family to ski at Aspen-Snowmass than at Vail. There are several ways to compare pricing for a five-day visit over the holidays, including pass and ticket products. Using the current pricing available on both websites, lift access for a family of four is more affordable at Aspen-Snowmass. In addition, at Aspen-Snowmass our pricing applies to children ages 7 to 17, while at Vail the age is 5 to 12. Children 6 and younger ski for free at Aspen-Snowmass. Lastly, our customer-service surveys directly refute the allegations of rude and unkempt local workers. In fact, we hear from our guests time and time again that we have some of the friendliest and most engaging locals of any resort. If anyone would like more information on the best options for families looking for an Aspen-Snowmass vacation, please call us at 800-525-6200 or 970-925-1220.
Director of public relations, Aspen Skiing Co.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Update: Service being restored after area-wide outage drops Roaring Fork Valley internet, some cell service
- Denver woman tied to escort service sought in Aspen fraud case
- Glenn K. Beaton: The 2020 Dem spectacle: Spartacus and the Native American
- Man pleads guilty to killing Vail Valley woman
- Decades after Aspen-bound plane crash, surviving brothers reckon with trauma in documentary ‘3 Days 2 Nights’