Letter: Markey Butler is the right choice for Snowmass
October 24, 2014
Thanks very much for endorsing me for the Snowmass Village Town Council. I've worked hard during the campaign to present my positions in a clear fashion. I appreciate your recognition of my experience and leadership expertise.
I don't agree with your endorsement of Jason Haber for mayor. You see Haber as "congenial and respectful." I must have missed that part at Oct. 16's candidate forum. I find Jason arrogant and intransigent, which aren't attributes I look for in a mayor. All too often he seems to review issues with an agenda rather than on the facts.
My choice for mayor is Markey Butler, who has the experience to lead Snowmass Village forward. Your newspaper acknowledges she has "exhibited strong leadership" during her time on the council, a skill that our council sorely needs. Markey is an honest individual of character and integrity who represents the greater good. She listens to all and can bring together people who want to find ways to agree to solve problems.
If you want a mayor working for the greater good of Snowmass Village, then I urge you to vote for Markey Butler.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Unsealed documents reveal more alleged rape cases in Aspen area
- Aspen Skiing Co. embraces uphilling, but says safe travel must improve
- Man’s theft spree in Aspen includes roll of fake grass, Prada items
- Father of man accused of starting Lake Christine Fire asks for trial in trespass case
- Aspen Mountain will open Saturday with 130 acres, top-to-bottom terrain