Letter: Mandela set the standard
December 10, 2013
Nelson Mandela died last week. His life and death have no direct political or economic impact on our country, and yet it was the most important news story in the USA. Why?
Always, Mandela represented an unrelenting demand for justice without hatred, or revenge. It is an ideal we all aspire to and rarely achieve, but he achieved it. His life and death are important because they symbolize the best in all in each of us. Very rarely does anyone meet his standard. What matters is that each of us continue trying.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Roaring Fork Valley man killed in Express Creek avalanche near Aspen
- Video: Moose chases skiers at Breckenridge Ski Resort
- Arin Trook of Aspen ID’d as skier who died in Monday avalanche near Ashcroft
- Business Monday: Wrecking ball coming to Boogie’s Building in downtown Aspen
- Vail resident ID’d as second skier killed in Taos inbounds avalanche