Letter: Making a difference for nonprofits
December 20, 2014
Making a difference for nonprofits
Dear Aspen Thrift Shop,
I want to thank all of you so much for the grant Aspen Middle School sixth grade was awarded for the purchase of a MacBook Pro. I know how much effort all of you put in to run an excellent shop. All of your time and energy is so appreciated by our community. The grants and scholarships awarded by the Aspen Thrift Shop are amazing.
The sixth grade teachers will use the new computer for student-generated projects. The kids will learn how to make movies that align with the Common Core standards. An example is the creation of iBooks by students that support the curriculum taught in a variety of subjects. Currently, my class is working on public service announcements on subjects that concern kids. We use video, pictures and sound to create short PSAs that will be broadcast on GrassRoots TV. The construction of these short movies is a synthesis of the information the students have learned, and they show their understanding of the subject.
Again, thank all of your for the hours you volunteer for The Thrift Shop. The work you do and grants you give make a real difference for the nonprofits in our valley.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Roaring Fork Valley man killed in Express Creek avalanche near Aspen
- Video: Moose chases skiers at Breckenridge Ski Resort
- Arin Trook of Aspen ID’d as skier who died in Monday avalanche near Ashcroft
- Business Monday: Wrecking ball coming to Boogie’s Building in downtown Aspen
- Vail resident ID’d as second skier killed in Taos inbounds avalanche