Letter: Look at record, not party affiliation
October 16, 2014
Whatever happened to the virtue of open-mindedness in Pitkin County? To judge by some of the letters to the editors of the local papers recently about Rob Ittner, who is running for re-election to the Board of County Commissioners, Rob is automatically disqualified from the job because he's a registered Republican. Forget the four years he has ably served as a county commissioner. Forget his support for the environment. Forget that he's socially liberal and fiscally conservative. Forget that he brings a strong business background to the board, having been a successful small-business owner in Aspen for many years.
It's a crying shame that some in our community choose to vilify another member of our community on the basis of party affiliation rather than the record.
From other environment-loving, socially liberal, fiscally conservative Republicans in Pitkin County (we also love dogs and horses),
Nancy Patton and Lance Hughes
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Parents demand change at Aspen School District, fill school board meeting
- Snowmass bear killing prompts state investigation after neighbor confronts hunter
- Glenwood Hot Springs to add new water attractions
- Four fires burning in northwestern Colorado, including new one near Wyoming border
- Aspen man accused of killing pedestrian on Highway 82 makes initial appearance