Letter: Let’s put new life in the old art museum
November 8, 2014
When I moved to Aspen 41 years ago, my energies were expended in the causes of those days — ah, youth. My interests now center around the needs of us seniors.
What a marvelous statement to the world it would be to capitalize once again on the forward thinking of Aspen and put our senior center right in the middle of town, announcing that we are the diversity that keeps a community young and invigorating. … And the proximity to all ages of town and visitors to come and share the experiences and activities of some perpetually young "old timers" might just reawaken some messy vitality.
I urge the committee and the council to make the old powerhouse building into the new, powerful senior center.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Roaring Fork Valley man killed in Express Creek avalanche near Aspen
- Video: Moose chases skiers at Breckenridge Ski Resort
- Arin Trook of Aspen ID’d as skier who died in Monday avalanche near Ashcroft
- Business Monday: Wrecking ball coming to Boogie’s Building in downtown Aspen
- Vail resident ID’d as second skier killed in Taos inbounds avalanche