Letter: Let’s help one of our own
September 17, 2014
The story of Justin Vassar and his accident near Capitol Peak rose up in me this morning ("Fund started for climber's hospital bills," Sept. 16, The Aspen Times).
This is one great kid. Teaching at the kids' division at Buttermilk and coaching for Aspen Valley Ski and Snowboard Club, he has become a stellar example of someone giving back after college (Williams). A great example of the kind of instructor/coach we need in this valley for our youth.
I am struck by the need to help Justin get back on his feet without the crush of hospital bills. I hope the folks of the ski company and the many members of AVSC will step up and help Justin. And I also hope that the community at large will help. Justin is a very humble but driving force of this community. This community needs to give back. Donations may be made to http://www.youcaring.com/medical-fundraiser/justin-s-medicalfund/234262.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Service restored after area-wide outage drops Roaring Fork Valley internet, some cell service
- Decades after Aspen-bound plane crash, surviving brothers reckon with trauma in documentary ‘3 Days 2 Nights’
- Glenn K. Beaton: The 2020 Dem spectacle: Spartacus and the Native American
- Man pleads guilty to killing Vail Valley woman
- Business Monday: Clock ticks for Aspen retailers on 420 E. Hyman