Letter: Let’s all give back
September 17, 2013
Let's all give back
I am writing to remind everyone that The Day of Giving is this Saturday and we are still taking donations of clothing, money, housewares, etc. We can only take items in good shape or gently used.
The Day of Giving is all about this community giving back. Last year we saw many families clothed for the winter and sometimes the whole year. We used the monetary donations to buy grocery gift cards and gas cards.
St. Mary Catholic Church graciously donates the building and all of the work around this is volunteer. Please take twenty minutes this evening and go through your family closets and garages and pick out those things you just aren't going to wear or use anymore. We especially need winter clothing, sports equipment, etc. Email me and one of our committee members will come pick it up from you — or you can bring it by the church on Thursday or Friday. Monetary donations can be made out to The Day of Giving and sent to St. Mary's Church, 533 East Main Street, Aspen, Co. 81611. We will provide a tax donation form for you.
This is such a feel-good event. If you get a chance to come by St. Mary on Saturday, you will find your heart warmed just seeing so many people giving and receiving together in the same room. What more can you ask for in this amazing place we call home?
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Arrest made in Basalt bottle case after cops stake out dumping ground
- Jazz Aspen Snowmass close to buying building home to Eric’s, Su Casa and other tenants
- Stop Sucking: A grassroots movement to eliminate plastic starts at the bar
- Ex-Aspen Valley Hospital nurse files federal complaint
- New signs to be installed at Woody Creek intersection at Highway 82