Letter: Let Russia do the work
September 29, 2013
The Syrian gas killings have had a sobering effect on our leadership. While we are still "Mr. Nice Guy," we have fallen off our self-made pedestal of "world super cop," and it's about time.
What is the super-cop game change, you ask? Are you sitting down? Here's my answer: A serious crack in what we thought was a monolithic policy on major foreign issues with our "allies." Out of 185 nations, we have support from only two — France and Turkey.
Worse than that, we have serious opposition from Russia and China.
We do not need to do anything. Let Russia take the lead on destroying Syria's chemical weapons. No boots! But massive arms to the rebels.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Area high school students survive car crash into Maroon Creek
- Aspen’s affordable housing authority looks at increasing user fees
- Pay hike helps Aspen Skiing Co. fill entry-level positions
- Vail employee allegedly slept with child prostitute in Glenwood Springs
- What’s the Big Deal: Red Mountain property fetches $14.675 million