Letter: Let a new council decide on Related
September 15, 2014
On my way home from the Related community outreach meeting, I had an idea. Why don't we ask the now "lame-duck council" (three out of five may be gone) to extend the deadline for the current vested-rights decision until after the upcoming election. This will allow Related to present a more complete plan and also will keep its momentum going, which they say they want, and more importantly, allow the voters a chance to pick a council they want to lead us through this critical time.
Related gets to keep its momentum, and the community will be able to see more specifics on what is planned and vote for the candidates who hold their similar goals.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Aspen Skiing Co. embraces uphilling, but says safe travel must improve
- Pay hike helps Aspen Skiing Co. fill entry-level positions
- What’s the Big Deal: Red Mountain property fetches $14.675 million
- Aspen superintendent supporters urge board to not placate parents
- Unsealed documents reveal more alleged rape cases in Aspen area