Letter: Let a new council decide on Related
September 15, 2014
On my way home from the Related community outreach meeting, I had an idea. Why don't we ask the now "lame-duck council" (three out of five may be gone) to extend the deadline for the current vested-rights decision until after the upcoming election. This will allow Related to present a more complete plan and also will keep its momentum going, which they say they want, and more importantly, allow the voters a chance to pick a council they want to lead us through this critical time.
Related gets to keep its momentum, and the community will be able to see more specifics on what is planned and vote for the candidates who hold their similar goals.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Service restored after area-wide outage drops Roaring Fork Valley internet, some cell service
- Contractor spills 1,300 gallons of jet fuel at Aspen airport
- Decades after Aspen-bound plane crash, surviving brothers reckon with trauma in documentary ‘3 Days 2 Nights’
- Business Monday: Clock ticks for Aspen retailers on 420 E. Hyman
- Lawsuit: Deteriorating Snowmass-area house plagued by landslide zone