Letter: Left-leaning Democrat for Rob Ittner
October 23, 2014
I am a left-leaning Democrat, and I am supporting Rob Ittner for county commissioner because, like me, he is a life-long progressive who has a proven record of fighting against over-development and protecting the local flavor of Aspen and Pitkin County.
For Rob, talking about protecting the environment aren't just words. He has demonstrated an incredibly passionate defense of our open space and natural habitat through his full throttled support on the Thompson Divide issue as a sitting member of the Board of County Commissioners.
Rob also has the leadership skills, business acumen and a proven ability to help steward Pitkin County's finances, to make sure the county is investing its resources in what is in the best interest of our community — protecting open space and natural habitat, supporting our seniors, supporting affordable housing and, at a high level, supporting a progressive agenda for the residents of Pitkin County.
Let's give Rob another chance to continue his work to improve the quality of life for all of us here in this valley, rural and urban alike. And not just try to win an election by creating divisions based on party affiliation.
Rob is a progressive, through and through. We need his leadership on the Board of Commissioners. I'm voting to keep him there!
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Service restored after area-wide outage drops Roaring Fork Valley internet, some cell service
- Contractor spills 1,300 gallons of jet fuel at Aspen airport
- Decades after Aspen-bound plane crash, surviving brothers reckon with trauma in documentary ‘3 Days 2 Nights’
- Business Monday: Clock ticks for Aspen retailers on 420 E. Hyman
- Lawsuit: Deteriorating Snowmass-area house plagued by landslide zone