Letter: Krabloonik owner getting bad rap
October 13, 2013
Krabloonik owner getting bad rap
It is sad how eager people are to destroy Dan MacEachen's character and his business (Krabloonik).
He's a fine, upright, capable man and runs an excellent dog sled business. I have known him personally ever since he started Krabloonik and feel strongly that his critics need to accept their neighbors. Strange … that people would move there knowing it was not a quiet neighborhood.
The critics' main point now is abuse of the dogs. There is no abuse. Working dogs are not treated like pampered pets at home.
It is unfortunate that an ex-employee and the employer's daughters' personal issues have interfered with a well-run business. The dogs are well taken care of and Dan is a fine man. The criticism is coming from those who know nothing about raising dog sled dogs and the PETA group.
Dan also runs an outstanding restaurant and we should be proud to have him here.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Cigarette advertising lights up conversation about Aspen’s ski pass art
- Aspen Mountain opens for the season with 180 acres of skiable terrain
- Court allows class-action against Aspen towing company
- Former Aspenite Devon Meyers and family lose home in Malibu fire
- Aspen’s housing program holding scofflaws accountable, focusing on compliance cases