Letter: Keep the money in Aspen
October 31, 2013
Keep the money in Aspen
I read a compelling article in The Wall Street Journal (Oct. 24, Review & Outlook column entitled "Rocky Mountain High Taxes"). Rather than falling for another rally cry to "support our schools, support our kids" via Amendment 66, which will have little direct effect on our valley's school systems, with even less local control, I suggest instead write a check annually to the Aspen Education Foundation.
That way, one is assured your hard-earned money will go directly to the schools and programs you truly care about.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Court allows class-action against Aspen towing company
- Aspen Skiing Co. buying land for more employee housing
- Cigarette advertising lights up conversation about Aspen’s ski pass art
- Aspen’s housing program holding scofflaws accountable, focusing on compliance cases
- Bankruptcy part of school district’s check into HR director