Letter: Keep the money in Aspen
October 31, 2013
Keep the money in Aspen
I read a compelling article in The Wall Street Journal (Oct. 24, Review & Outlook column entitled "Rocky Mountain High Taxes"). Rather than falling for another rally cry to "support our schools, support our kids" via Amendment 66, which will have little direct effect on our valley's school systems, with even less local control, I suggest instead write a check annually to the Aspen Education Foundation.
That way, one is assured your hard-earned money will go directly to the schools and programs you truly care about.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Aspen-area men die in backcountry avalanche near Crested Butte
- Aspen-area has suffered the brunt of Colorado’s fatal avalanches this year
- Aspen man charged in political official assault
- What’s the Big Deal: $6.8 million for luxury cabin outside of Aspen
- Monday Business Briefs: Little Nell and Steakhouse No. 316 get props; Aspen estate bound for auction