Letter: Is something beautiful happening in the valley?
January 22, 2016
Small groups of us, young and old, are sitting around (often packed knee to knee) and discussing, remembering, reciting, playing guitar and even listening to Civil War spirituals.
Note the poetry readings (a veritable plague of them!) at Victoria's, Justice Snow's, Explore Booksellers and in Carbondale.
Note the rowdy salons at the Gonzo Gallery, where we just cannot get too many stories about Hunter Thompson and the 1970s.
Note how many of these gatherings are being produced by our young and feature the experiences of our elders."
So many venues, so many people. So many good feelings.
Is this an era we'll never forget?
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Homeowner near Aspen takes Starwood HOA to court over $900k in fines
- City of Aspen preparing for upheaval of pedestrian malls
- Tenants above fitness studio file lawsuit over noise
- City of Aspen warns motorists of major delays over bridge beginning April 2
- Feds intervene in Basalt cell service dispute, prompting answer from Verizon