Letter: I’m choosing Rupert for Roaring Fork School District
October 29, 2015
I write today on behalf of Roaring Fork School District candidate Jennifer Rupert. My family has known Jen for many years. We have worked together at Aspen Skiing Co. for almost two decades. I have been teammates with Jen, representing ASC and Team Diva at the World Synchro Skiing Competitions. She has taught all three of our children at Rocky Mountain Martial Arts. I watch her tirelessly advocate and fundraise for the National Multiple Sclerosis Society as she moves through her own path with this disease with strength and grace. I share all this to establish my relationship. What I would really like all of you to hear today is this: To know Jen is to love Jen. She holds a passion; a vigor for life. That passion leads her to be action-oriented in all that she does. She is a proven leader, a strong teammate and a conscientious administrator. Her humility and constant attention to how her choices affect other people are a tribute to her compassion and heart. This is who we want advocating for our community, our teachers and our children.
Thank you for your time. I hope that you will join me in supporting Jen Rupert for the Roaring Fork School District. If you have not yet voted, please drop your completed ballot at your County Clerk's Office as it is now too late to mail it in.
Mariana Tedin Salazar
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Service restored after area-wide outage drops Roaring Fork Valley internet, some cell service
- Denver woman tied to escort service sought in Aspen fraud case
- Decades after Aspen-bound plane crash, surviving brothers reckon with trauma in documentary ‘3 Days 2 Nights’
- Man pleads guilty to killing Vail Valley woman
- Glenn K. Beaton: The 2020 Dem spectacle: Spartacus and the Native American