Letter: How do I get on the special list of Aspen decision-makers?
December 18, 2015
I wanna pick the new Director of Community Development, too. How do I get on the special list of "decision makers?" Is it just a squeaky wheel thing or are there actually qualifications for the people on the list? Is there an application process, or is it just a function of self appointment?
Is this one of those clubs where if they let me in I would never want to be a member?
Is there a way to remove people from the list if they are crazy or don't reflect the community's values? Hmm, who rules over the definition of community values? Should it be me? You? Maybe we should vote on a list of people to pick the new Director? Wait, maybe the qualification for the list of who picks the next Director of Community Development is one must be a current elected Aspen City Council person duly selected by the Aspen voters?
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Historic Redstone Castle comes back to life along the Crystal River
- Final Stranahan donation sterilizes upper Lenado
- Aspen Skiing Co. alters dog hours for uphillers at Buttermilk, Snowmass and Highlands
- Juvenile who shot, killed dog near Carbondale sentenced two years in youth division
- Strafe Outerwear and Thai eatery on Snowmass Mall this winter, added employee housing in the works