Letter: How do I get on the special list of Aspen decision-makers?
December 18, 2015
I wanna pick the new Director of Community Development, too. How do I get on the special list of "decision makers?" Is it just a squeaky wheel thing or are there actually qualifications for the people on the list? Is there an application process, or is it just a function of self appointment?
Is this one of those clubs where if they let me in I would never want to be a member?
Is there a way to remove people from the list if they are crazy or don't reflect the community's values? Hmm, who rules over the definition of community values? Should it be me? You? Maybe we should vote on a list of people to pick the new Director? Wait, maybe the qualification for the list of who picks the next Director of Community Development is one must be a current elected Aspen City Council person duly selected by the Aspen voters?
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Parents demand change at Aspen School District, fill school board meeting
- Aspen man accused of killing pedestrian on Highway 82 makes initial appearance
- Glenwood Hot Springs to add new water attractions
- Aspen thief has tough road ahead, judge says
- Four fires burning in northwestern Colorado, including new one near Wyoming border