Letter: Honoring our vets
November 8, 2015
The 240th birthday of the U.S. Marine Corps will be observed at 11 a.m. Tuesday at the Aspen Grove Cemetery flagpole in Aspen. Marines and friends of the Corps are invited. Veterans Day ceremonies will be held at 11 a.m. Wednesday, at the Roaring Fork Veterans Memorial, located on the east side of the Pitkin County Courthouse at 506 E. Main St. in Aspen. The public is cordially invited. Veterans are encouraged to wear items of military memorabilia.
Aspen Elks Lodge No. 224 will host its annual Veterans Day luncheon following the ceremony. GrassRoots Community TV, Channel 12, will run interviews of local veterans participating in the Library of Congress Veterans History Project throughout the day.
For more information, contact Dan Glidden at 927-4183 or Dick Merritt at 927-5178.
Lt. Col. Dick Merritt
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Felony charges filed against Aspen teen who crashed Tesla into river, injured passengers
- Storm brings heavy snow to Aspen, Snowmass area; avalanche warnings issued Friday
- Trap-kill may be only option for West Glenwood mountain lions (video)
- Ex-biker entrepreneurs from Emma pitch their Kitty Kasas on Shark Tank Sunday
- Aspen School District cancels classes for Friday after overnight snow