Letter: Honoring our vets
November 8, 2015
The 240th birthday of the U.S. Marine Corps will be observed at 11 a.m. Tuesday at the Aspen Grove Cemetery flagpole in Aspen. Marines and friends of the Corps are invited. Veterans Day ceremonies will be held at 11 a.m. Wednesday, at the Roaring Fork Veterans Memorial, located on the east side of the Pitkin County Courthouse at 506 E. Main St. in Aspen. The public is cordially invited. Veterans are encouraged to wear items of military memorabilia.
Aspen Elks Lodge No. 224 will host its annual Veterans Day luncheon following the ceremony. GrassRoots Community TV, Channel 12, will run interviews of local veterans participating in the Library of Congress Veterans History Project throughout the day.
For more information, contact Dan Glidden at 927-4183 or Dick Merritt at 927-5178.
Lt. Col. Dick Merritt
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Aspen Skiing Co. embraces uphilling, but says safe travel must improve
- Pay hike helps Aspen Skiing Co. fill entry-level positions
- What’s the Big Deal: Red Mountain property fetches $14.675 million
- Aspen superintendent supporters urge board to not placate parents
- Business Monday: Tomcich has no reservations about career change