Letter: Honor your Marines
November 3, 2015
The 240th birthday of the U.S. Marine Corps will be observed Tuesday at 11 a.m. at the Aspen Grove Cemetery flagpole in Aspen. Marines and friends of the Corps are invited.
Veterans Day ceremonies will be held Nov. 11 at 11 a.m. at the Roaring Fork Veterans Memorial located on the east side of the Pitkin County Courthouse at 506 E. Main St. in Aspen. The public is cordially invited. Veterans are encouraged to wear items of military memorabilia.
Aspen Elks Lodge No. 224 will host their annual Veterans Day Luncheon following the ceremony. GrassRoots Community TV, Channel 12, will run interviews of local veterans participating in the Library of Congress Veterans History Project throughout the day.
For more information, contact Dan Glidden at 970-927-4183 or Dick Merritt at 970-927-5178.
Lt. Col. Dick Merritt
U.S. Marine Corps, retired, Basalt
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Aspen Skiing Co. buying land for more employee housing
- Court allows class-action against Aspen towing company
- Cigarette advertising lights up conversation about Aspen’s ski pass art
- Aspen’s housing program holding scofflaws accountable, focusing on compliance cases
- Bankruptcy part of school district’s check into HR director