Letter: Honor the process
December 9, 2014
I find it alarming that the RE-1 Board is considering the renewal of Superintendent Diana Sirko's contract and not honoring the community process that thoroughly vetted candidate Rob Stein for the job. Sirko's post was seen as a temporary one until Stein could take the position.
Had a group of aware and active parents not brought this to light, the board may have quietly and behind closed doors — for whatever reason — renewed Sirko's contract. While Sirko did her job, Stein brings a new level of innovative thinking to education going forward.
Please speak out at today's board meeting at 6 p.m. held at Roaring Fork High School to demand the board respect the immense effort that went into the search for a new superintendent.
We need the right leader at the helm to take this district's embrace of learning and personal accountability whether student, teacher or parent to new heights.
Jenifer Seal Cramer
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Service restored after area-wide outage drops Roaring Fork Valley internet, some cell service
- Decades after Aspen-bound plane crash, surviving brothers reckon with trauma in documentary ‘3 Days 2 Nights’
- Glenn K. Beaton: The 2020 Dem spectacle: Spartacus and the Native American
- Man pleads guilty to killing Vail Valley woman
- Business Monday: Clock ticks for Aspen retailers on 420 E. Hyman