Letter: Helen left mark on mental health
October 10, 2013
Helen left mark on mental health
I wish to pay tribute to Helen Klanderud. I first met Helen in the spring of 2008 when I moved to the Western Slope as the new CEO of Colorado West Regional Mental Health, now Mind Springs Health. Helen's passion for community mental health was evident, a passion we shared along with the goal of assuring quality mental health services be available and provided to all people in need.
Her consistent advocacy for mental health and the Aspen Counseling center is legendary and irreplaceable. She was a friend and mentor, and a true mental health hero. I personally will miss her smiling face and her generous heart.
Thank you, Helen, for giving so much and being such a shining light for mental health needs.
President and CEO, Mind Springs Health
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Area high school students survive car crash into Maroon Creek
- Pay hike helps Aspen Skiing Co. fill entry-level positions
- Aspen’s affordable housing authority looks at increasing user fees
- Vail employee allegedly slept with child prostitute in Glenwood Springs
- What’s the Big Deal: Red Mountain property fetches $14.675 million