Letter: Helen left mark on mental health
October 10, 2013
Helen left mark on mental health
I wish to pay tribute to Helen Klanderud. I first met Helen in the spring of 2008 when I moved to the Western Slope as the new CEO of Colorado West Regional Mental Health, now Mind Springs Health. Helen's passion for community mental health was evident, a passion we shared along with the goal of assuring quality mental health services be available and provided to all people in need.
Her consistent advocacy for mental health and the Aspen Counseling center is legendary and irreplaceable. She was a friend and mentor, and a true mental health hero. I personally will miss her smiling face and her generous heart.
Thank you, Helen, for giving so much and being such a shining light for mental health needs.
President and CEO, Mind Springs Health
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Parents demand change at Aspen School District, fill school board meeting
- Aspen man accused of killing pedestrian on Highway 82 makes initial appearance
- Glenwood Hot Springs to add new water attractions
- Aspen thief has tough road ahead, judge says
- Four fires burning in northwestern Colorado, including new one near Wyoming border