Letter: Hanlon for Re-1 school board
October 27, 2015
I am a senior citizen living in the Roaring Fork Valley and have owned property here since 1969.
My two children graduated from local schools, and my grandchildren are now attending in their parents' footsteps. I believe that education is the foundation for a strong future for our children and our nation. I just mailed in my ballot and voted "yes" for Roaring Fork School District Re-1 bond issue 3B. Your "yes" vote on 3B is encouraged to ensure that our schools in Basalt, Carbondale and Glenwood Springs will be able to continue to properly educate our growing student population.
I also voted for Karl Hanlon to continue to serve on the Roaring Fork School District Re-1 board as director for District A. Karl is running for re-election and has served with distinction as a board member. He has children attending our school system and is dedicated to seeing that educational requirements for all student needs are met. I know Karl personally and have been working with him and his wife at their Smiling Goat Ranch in Carbondale, helping autistic children heal through equine therapy. Karl brings strong, caring and fair leadership to the Re-1 school board.
I strongly endorse Karl Hanlon for re-election.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Aspen Skiing Co. buying land for more employee housing
- Court allows class-action against Aspen towing company
- Cigarette advertising lights up conversation about Aspen’s ski pass art
- Aspen’s housing program holding scofflaws accountable, focusing on compliance cases
- Bankruptcy part of school district’s check into HR director