Letter: Hamner for another term
October 27, 2014
Today, I cast my vote for our state Rep. Millie Hamner. She has pushed for legislation that has greatly benefitted Pitkin County as well as the way I do business.
This past spring, she sponsored House Bill 1021, which increased penalties for trucks over 35 feet in length attempting to use Independence Pass. It increased the penalty even further, if one or more lanes closed as a result. Indy Pass is our alternative link to Lake County and beyond for only 5 1/2 months of the year.
In addition, Millie was instrumental as the House Sponsor for Senate Bill 13-161, the amendment and passage of the Architect, Professional Engineer and Professional Land Surveyor Licensing law that was signed and took effect on July 1, 2013.
Thanks, Millie, for the good work you have done.
Heidi H. Hoffmann, AIA
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Area high school students survive car crash into Maroon Creek
- Aspen’s affordable housing authority looks at increasing user fees
- Vail employee allegedly slept with child prostitute in Glenwood Springs
- Pay hike helps Aspen Skiing Co. fill entry-level positions
- Willoughby: Corporate restructuring, 1894 style