Letter: Hamner for another term
November 1, 2014
Hamner for another term
I'm writing today in support of my colleague, State Representative Millie Hamner. I have had the honor of working with Hamner for the past four years, and I am certain that when re-elected, she will continue her strong representation of Pitkin County.
We have worked closely on issues important to Aspen, Pitkin County and the Western Slope ranging from the Colorado Water Plan to conservation, forest health, biomass energy and preservation of our public lands. As members of the Colorado Tourism Board, Millie and I have worked together to promote tourism in our region and have supported local efforts to promote our local economy. This past session, she worked on two issues important to Pitkin and Lake Counties by sponsoring legislation to increase safety on Independence Pass and help direct more funds to the 10th Mountain Division Foundation.
Hamner has been one of Colorado's greatest advocates and experts for equitable school finance. She has spent years working to reverse the funding shortfall in K-12 and higher education and provide real solutions for our kids. She has a strong record of consistency, responsiveness and reliability. I am proud to call her a colleague and a friend, and I am asking the voters of Pitkin County — if you haven't already — to please give her your support.
State Senator, District 5
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Historic Redstone Castle comes back to life along the Crystal River
- Aspen Skiing Co. alters dog hours for uphillers at Buttermilk, Snowmass and Highlands
- Aspen Mountain opens for the season with 180 acres of skiable terrain
- Cigarette advertising lights up conversation about Aspen’s ski pass art
- Former Aspenite Devon Meyers and family lose home in Malibu fire