Letter: GOP is a mess
September 27, 2015
Melanie Sturm called Scott Walker heroic in her last article ("The real debate: Are Americans getting Trumped?" Commentary, The Aspen Times, Sept. 24). I am pretty relieved that Walker dropped out of the quest for the White House in the 2016 cycle. He just saved the country a whole lot of trouble. Unfortunately for Wisconsin, though, he can now go back to that poor state and keep running it into the ground. I think he is one of the worst governors in the United States. Also a complete tool of the Koch brothers. Hardly a hero.
Also, why all the anger on the right-wing side of this great country? You had Dick Cheney and George W. Bush for two whole terms. You had eight years to do some really great things, and that crew pretty much ran this country into the ground so hard it takes 10 to 20 years to get things back on track. Just like it may take that long to repair all the damage done in Wisconsin. To be fair, though, Illinois is a disaster, as well, but other neighboring states are flourishing.
I am pretty amused and completely entertained that Donald Trump has hijacked the Republican Party and has made the process a mess. Democracy is not always pretty. It's amazing that a somewhat moderate like Mitt Romney could not win in 2012. Now look what the Republicans have on deck.
What a mess. Now that is something to be mad about.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Historic Redstone Castle comes back to life along the Crystal River
- Final Stranahan donation sterilizes upper Lenado
- Aspen Skiing Co. alters dog hours for uphillers at Buttermilk, Snowmass and Highlands
- Juvenile who shot, killed dog near Carbondale sentenced two years in youth division
- Strafe Outerwear and Thai eatery on Snowmass Mall this winter, added employee housing in the works