Letter: Glad to have these eggs
October 8, 2013
Glad to have these eggs
I needed eggs to bake cookies for the Blessing of Animals event on Sunday, and I found a small six-egg carton at Clark's Market that is labeled "certified humane." The brand is Vital Farms, and their web address is on the carton, so I looked it up and watched their video that compares their farm practices to the big factory-farm methods.
The difference is remarkable, and I am so pleased to be able to choose this brand — to enjoy eggs that didn't cause the hens to suffer. I realize that some of their chickens are also used for meat, but at least the animals live a healthy life. Thanks to Clark's for offering this option, and I hope that more animal products will be produced in humane conditions. I still won't eat animals, but I will enjoy my eggs and gladly pay a higher price to get them.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Skier rescued from Aspen Mountain sidecountry
- Storm brings heavy snow to Aspen, Snowmass area; avalanche warnings issued Friday
- Family remembers skier who died at Breckenridge Ski Resort on Jan. 7
- Trap-kill may be only option for West Glenwood mountain lions (video)
- Friends support local furloughed Forest Service worker whose son was born with cystic fibrosis