Letter: Get creative with superintendent decision
December 8, 2014
Get creative with superintendent decision
Dear Roaring Fork School District Board of Education,
I echo the impassioned sentiments of the many letter writers before me and implore you to consider a transparent, reasoned and thoughtful process in considering Diana Sirko's three-year extension request on Dec. 10 at the next school board meeting.
Since you have two newly appointed board members who were not elected by the public, I urge you to slow down and delay making a hasty decision so that they may gather the information needed to make such an important decision. I also encourage you to think outside the box — there are many creative solutions. Those of us who have been deeply invested in supporting education in our district are counting on you.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Cops stanch Aspen’s weekend cocaine flow
- Aspen icon ‘Benny the Blade’ found off bike path, hospitalized
- Developers walk away from lodge approval in Aspen’s West End
- Man arrested on theft charge for allegedly taking wine bottles from Aspen restaurant
- Homeowner near Aspen takes Starwood HOA to court over $900k in fines