Letter: Get creative with superintendent decision
December 8, 2014
Get creative with superintendent decision
Dear Roaring Fork School District Board of Education,
I echo the impassioned sentiments of the many letter writers before me and implore you to consider a transparent, reasoned and thoughtful process in considering Diana Sirko's three-year extension request on Dec. 10 at the next school board meeting.
Since you have two newly appointed board members who were not elected by the public, I urge you to slow down and delay making a hasty decision so that they may gather the information needed to make such an important decision. I also encourage you to think outside the box — there are many creative solutions. Those of us who have been deeply invested in supporting education in our district are counting on you.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Roaring Fork Valley man killed in Express Creek avalanche near Aspen
- Video: Moose chases skiers at Breckenridge Ski Resort
- Business Monday: Wrecking ball coming to Boogie’s Building in downtown Aspen
- Felony charges filed against Aspen teen who crashed Tesla into river, injured passengers
- Ex-biker entrepreneurs from Emma pitch their Kitty Kasas on Shark Tank Sunday