Letter (Friday, Aug. 9): City makes the right move
August 8, 2013
City makes the right move
Kudos Aspen City Council for approving solar heated water in Burlingame Phase II. The more conservation measures which can be promoted in city-built-owned-sponsored buildings, the closer we will be to that 100 percent renewable goal.
For those who are not aware, there is a effort by Xcel Energy to roll back net metering. The short version — no more fair credit for the excess solar a rooftop installation produces.
Here's a link to the petition against the proposal: http://org.credoaction.com/petitions/stop-xcel-s-power-grab?akid=8571.6306211.kH9DUZ&rd=1&t=2
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Aspen Skiing Co. embraces uphilling, but says safe travel must improve
- Unsealed documents reveal more alleged rape cases in Aspen area
- Aspen Mountain will open Saturday with 130 acres, top-to-bottom terrain
- Aspen superintendent supporters urge board to not placate parents
- Man’s theft spree in Aspen includes roll of fake grass, Prada items