Letter (Friday, Aug. 9): City makes the right move
August 8, 2013
City makes the right move
Kudos Aspen City Council for approving solar heated water in Burlingame Phase II. The more conservation measures which can be promoted in city-built-owned-sponsored buildings, the closer we will be to that 100 percent renewable goal.
For those who are not aware, there is a effort by Xcel Energy to roll back net metering. The short version — no more fair credit for the excess solar a rooftop installation produces.
Here's a link to the petition against the proposal: http://org.credoaction.com/petitions/stop-xcel-s-power-grab?akid=8571.6306211.kH9DUZ&rd=1&t=2
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Parents demand change at Aspen School District, fill school board meeting
- Aspen man accused of killing pedestrian on Highway 82 makes initial appearance
- Glenwood Hot Springs to add new water attractions
- Aspen thief has tough road ahead, judge says
- Four fires burning in northwestern Colorado, including new one near Wyoming border