Letter: For Mr. Clapper
October 27, 2014
I want to begin my letter with the two words that every teacher dreams of hearing, thank you. Thank you for being an inspiration and a guiding light for me. Thank you for offering experiences to me that I never believed possible. Thank you for putting me on a plane to finally see, in action, what I was learning about in class. Thank you for being patient and understanding with every paper submitted at 11:59 or maybe 12:01. I appreciate your effervescent kindness and generous nature. Your hugs and smiles were always a highlight of returning home.
My heart is sad thinking that I will no longer be able to see you at Mountain Fair or be able to laugh with you and Jessie about funny moments in class.
You were such a huge part of why I decided to become an educator because you embodied what it means to be one. You challenged me, guided me and instructed me into being the best version of myself. I am a better teacher and person because of you.
Thank you, Mr. Clapper. Thank you!
BHS Graduate, 2011
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Parents demand change at Aspen School District, fill school board meeting
- Aspen man accused of killing pedestrian on Highway 82 makes initial appearance
- Glenwood Hot Springs to add new water attractions
- Aspen thief has tough road ahead, judge says
- Four fires burning in northwestern Colorado, including new one near Wyoming border