Letter: Follow the numbers
September 18, 2013
Follow the numbers
I can see that the letter to the editor campaigns have begun with regards to the Mid Valley Recreation Center debate.
I'm not exactly sure where I stand at this point, but this is what I do know: In every important decision in life that includes ongoing long-term financial and operational responsibilities, one must try hard to remove the strong feelings of emotion from such an important decision. It's the old need-versus-desire conundrum. In the end, such community developments and programs must be fiscally sound for the long run and not eventually become a burden on the residents of the community they serve.
This is not about health, fitness, love — and where to send our children for baby-sitting. It's all about the numbers. Everything else is just noise.
RJ Gallagher Jr.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Unsealed documents reveal more alleged rape cases in Aspen area
- Father of man accused of starting Lake Christine Fire asks for trial in trespass case
- Man’s theft spree in Aspen includes roll of fake grass, Prada items
- Final Stranahan donation sterilizes upper Lenado
- Historic Redstone Castle comes back to life along the Crystal River