Letter: Flattered by comparison
December 24, 2015
In Patrick Hunter's letter to the editor of this paper ("Holiday snobbery," The Aspen Times, Dec. 22), he suggested that my recent column published in the Glenwood Springs Post Independent plagiarized "Atlas Shrugged." I'm flattered that he would think my work is in the league of Ayn Rand, one of history's most successful and influential authors.
But for the record, I must correct his erroneous and libelous allegation. I did not plagiarize Rand or anyone else.
I do encourage people to read "Atlas Shrugged" if they haven't already. And, if they have time after that, then also read my column that Hunter generously but mistakenly compared to it ("Columnist examines Aspen, anger and envy," Glenwood Springs Post Independent, Dec. 17).
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Service restored after area-wide outage drops Roaring Fork Valley internet, some cell service
- Denver woman tied to escort service sought in Aspen fraud case
- Decades after Aspen-bound plane crash, surviving brothers reckon with trauma in documentary ‘3 Days 2 Nights’
- Man pleads guilty to killing Vail Valley woman
- Glenn K. Beaton: The 2020 Dem spectacle: Spartacus and the Native American