Letter: Flattered by comparison
December 24, 2015
In Patrick Hunter's letter to the editor of this paper ("Holiday snobbery," The Aspen Times, Dec. 22), he suggested that my recent column published in the Glenwood Springs Post Independent plagiarized "Atlas Shrugged." I'm flattered that he would think my work is in the league of Ayn Rand, one of history's most successful and influential authors.
But for the record, I must correct his erroneous and libelous allegation. I did not plagiarize Rand or anyone else.
I do encourage people to read "Atlas Shrugged" if they haven't already. And, if they have time after that, then also read my column that Hunter generously but mistakenly compared to it ("Columnist examines Aspen, anger and envy," Glenwood Springs Post Independent, Dec. 17).
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Cigarette advertising lights up conversation about Aspen’s ski pass art
- Aspen Mountain opens for the season with 180 acres of skiable terrain
- Court allows class-action against Aspen towing company
- Former Aspenite Devon Meyers and family lose home in Malibu fire
- Aspen’s housing program holding scofflaws accountable, focusing on compliance cases