Letter: Exploring end-of-life issues
November 12, 2015
Thank you to our generous sponsors for making the community read and panel discussion of "Being Mortal," by Atual Gawande, possible: Aspen Valley Hospital, Chabad Jewish Community Center, HomeCare & Hospice of the Valley, Pathfinders, the Pitkin County Library and the Pitkin County Senior Services Council.
Thank you to our dedicated panelists and moderator for making it a success: Sean Jeung, Allison Daily, Dr. Nicole Feeney and Laura Kornasiewic.
Thank you, standing-room-only audience, for your support and for your enthusiasm for future conversations on the modern approaches concerning end-of-life matters.
Thank you, Dr. Gawande, for your motivating and moving best seller.
The library and Senior Center distributed almost 200 books for this event. It can be viewed on GrassRoots TV and websites of the sponsors.
Recommended Stories For You
Pitkin County Senior Services Council
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Parents petition for Aspen School District superintendent’s removal
- Aspen’s $20,000 bike lockers gain no traction with commuters
- SKI Magazine names Aspen-Snowmass inaugural ‘resort of the year’ in west
- Marijuana venture goes up in smoke, $5 million dispute lands in Aspen court
- Mandatory curtailment of water rights in CO raised as possibility