Letter: Explain it to a fifth-grader
October 4, 2013
Explain it to a fifth-grader
Editor's note: The following is an open letter to U.S. Rep. Scott Tipton (R-Cortez).
Just thought you would like to know that after months of planning, my son's fifth-grade class was not able to go to Arches National Park as it was closed. I would like to extend a personal invitation to you to come to my son's fifth-grade class and explain how it was that you were not able to fulfill your constitutional duties to pass an annual budget (which should be a valuable civics lesson).
I would also like to point out that you will help cause a constitutional crisis by not raising the debt limit as a default would clearly conflict with the 14th Amendment (not to mention wreak our already fragile economy).
I do not want to hear how the other guy is to blame, but rather, I respectfully ask that you look in the mirror and take responsibility for the role you personally have played in this embarrassment. After all, you cannot control what the other guy does, only what you do.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Parents demand change at Aspen School District, fill school board meeting
- Snowmass bear killing prompts state investigation after neighbor confronts hunter
- Four fires burning in northwestern Colorado, including new one near Wyoming border
- Glenwood Hot Springs to add new water attractions
- What’s the Big Deal: Nearly $11 million for Aspen condo