Letter: Expert mountain attracts experts; who knew?
December 15, 2015
I'm sure the rest of the community has been hearing as many complaints about fast skiers and riders on Ajax as I have. The question is: Why are people surprised by this?
Better yet, why are inexperienced or elderly people skiing and riding Ajax?
It is clearly advertised that beginners are not advised to hop on the gondola, and yet I constantly see 5-year-olds and 85-year-olds boarding the cabins. If people are so afraid of others riding too fast on Ajax, maybe they should catch a bus to Buttermilk or Snowmass, where they are less likely to experience "expert" skiers and riders. I myself haven't been participating in winter sports very long. The difference is, I completely understand the fact that Ajax is a place for experts. I don't get upset when someone is having more fun than I am because they know what their limit is and they are in control. If you are afraid, go to a mellow mountain and stay off Ajax. No one skis to have a boring, slow time. We're all just trying to have some fun. There is no place for intolerance on a mountaintop.
Sincerely, people who like to have a good time.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Cigarette advertising lights up conversation about Aspen’s ski pass art
- Aspen Mountain opens for the season with 180 acres of skiable terrain
- Court allows class-action against Aspen towing company
- Former Aspenite Devon Meyers and family lose home in Malibu fire
- Aspen’s housing program holding scofflaws accountable, focusing on compliance cases