Letter: Entrepreneurs and investors convene
December 6, 2015
There are very few hustlers or go-getters in this region from what I've noticed. However, Dave Mayer should be congratulated for his efforts.
Mayer plugged the recent Aspen Entrepreneurs and Investors Network's meeting at Encoding.com in Aspen, where two techie stars came forward to give a pedagogical starburst of practical encouragement, facts and examples as they emphasized the undercurrent of tech and dot-com business uncertainties and risks.
These techie stars were former CompuServe top dog and venture capitalist Rick Crandall and Encoding.com CEO Gregg Heil.
These two tech birds had me reflecting from the dawn of the 1960s to the present. I knew where they were coming from everywhere, including the San
Francisco Bay Area and Silicon Valley.
In the end, tech heaven, tech success and tech bucks come down to you, too. Remember that salesmanship finesse, favorable synchronistic timing and celebrity (fame, prestige and brand) make gross-sales-revenue gushers flow.
Recommended Stories For You
Emzy Veazy III
Burbank, California, and Aspen
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Aspen Skiing Co. buying land for more employee housing
- Court allows class-action against Aspen towing company
- Cigarette advertising lights up conversation about Aspen’s ski pass art
- Aspen’s housing program holding scofflaws accountable, focusing on compliance cases
- Bankruptcy part of school district’s check into HR director