Letter: Eat pancakes for a cause
September 19, 2014
You are invited to a pancake breakfast to help children in Haiti. Mercy and Sharing, a local nonprofit, is partnering with the Glenwood Springs Kiwanis to host a pancake breakfast during Ruggerfest on Saturday from 7 to 10 a.m. at Theatre Aspen's tent, located at Rio Grande Park. The cost of the pancake breakfast is $7.
Besides giving a home and 24/7 care to 126 children, Mercy and Sharing also runs three schools to educate more than 1,100 students, serves 2,000 nutritious meals every week, supplies clean water daily to more than 5,000, operates a medical care and therapy center, and employs 220 Haitians.
The Kiwanis and Mercy and Sharing are asking the community to find it in their hearts and wallets to support efforts in Haiti. Come and enjoy a hearty pancake breakfast while helping those less fortunate. For more information, please contact Mercy and Sharing at 970-925-1492.
Hope to see you Saturday.
Recommended Stories For You
Development director, Mercy and Sharing
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Mama bear and her three cubs spend the night at Snowmass Center
- Is affordable housing no longer affordable in Aspen?
- Ski.com and Epic Pass are accepting applications for the dream ski job
- Aspen’s parking problems persist as director plays whack-a-mole
- ‘Cowboy’ Jim Crowley recollects his 100 years in Fryingpan Valley and Basalt