Letter: Do your job, Tipton
October 4, 2013
Do your job, Tipton
Editor's note: The following is an open letter to U.S. Rep. Scott Tipton (R-Cortez).
Your actions are hurting the country and your constituents. Government agencies are major employers in your district. You have put them out of work. This affects everybody in your district.
While you shut down the government, you continue to collect your paycheck and enjoy all your benefits, including health care that you want to deny to your constituents.
There are so many people in your congressional district who can't afford health care.
The Affordable Healthcare Act (known to you as Obamacare) was designed to help people get health care.
Recommended Stories For You
You may not like it, but don't tie it to the economic health of the country, and come up with a better plan or include us in your wonderful congressional health plan.
It's time to act like a grown-up and do your job.
Charles H. Hopton
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Skier who died Sunday at Quandary Peak identified
- Family remembers skier who died at Breckenridge Ski Resort on Jan. 7
- Skier rescued from Aspen Mountain sidecountry
- Aspen School District, HR director part ways
- Friends support local furloughed Forest Service worker whose son was born with cystic fibrosis