Letter: Dental coverage needs more teeth
September 25, 2013
Our valley dentists need leverage. If you have dental coverage from Delta Dental, I strongly suggest you discuss the coverage with your dentist and your employer. Delta Dental uses lower-cost communities to calculate what they are willing to pay our valley dentists. That means local dentists are paid less and you pay more for each procedure.
Most valley dentists are no longer under contract with Delta Dental and are therefore not participating providers. Reimbursements to dentists now take longer or are rejected.
Valley residents pay separate premiums for dental coverage and will be paying more for each procedure. You may find if you study the costs that the coverage is not worth the premiums. Most of us renew coverage this coming January, and if we decide not to renew, our local dentists will get the leverage they need to get an agreement with Delta Dental that makes sense for the community.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Service restored after area-wide outage drops Roaring Fork Valley internet, some cell service
- Decades after Aspen-bound plane crash, surviving brothers reckon with trauma in documentary ‘3 Days 2 Nights’
- Contractor spills 1,300 gallons of jet fuel at Aspen airport
- Glenn K. Beaton: The 2020 Dem spectacle: Spartacus and the Native American
- Man pleads guilty to killing Vail Valley woman