Letter: Confidence in James Van Beek for sheriff
October 23, 2014
As the elected Sheriff of Eagle County from 1983 to 2003, this letter is in support of James van Beek for your next sheriff.
I worked with James for a number of years and found him to be morally just, compassionate and someone who would listen to and help others.
James has always been enthusiastic and committed to enhancing operational processes, working diligently under minimal supervision and could be trusted to carry out assignments and organizational values as both a deputy and an investigator.
James has the knowledge, leadership experience and integrity to move the sheriff's office forward. He will give a hundred percent to see that an established mission is accomplished within the parameters of public safety, customer service, fiscal responsibility and the Constitution.
Over the years that I have been acquainted with James, he has grown in many directions, demonstrating self-respect, competence, commitment, integrity and leadership.
James is an involved and committed member of your community and will be a good sheriff — someone you can trust and have confidence in.
Recommended Stories For You
I encourage to you to support and vote for James van Beek in November!
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Historic Redstone Castle comes back to life along the Crystal River
- Final Stranahan donation sterilizes upper Lenado
- Aspen Skiing Co. alters dog hours for uphillers at Buttermilk, Snowmass and Highlands
- Strafe Outerwear and Thai eatery on Snowmass Mall this winter, added employee housing in the works
- Juvenile who shot, killed dog near Carbondale sentenced two years in youth division