Letter: Commissioner not representing his constituents
September 14, 2013
Commissioner not representing his constituents
Why is Commissioner Steve Child pushing so hard to permit grow operations in unincorporated Pitkin County when his own caucus has banned such operations within its boundaries?
His caucus, the Snowmass/Capitol Creek Caucus, has joined the Frying Pan and Emma caucuses in this ban along with more than half of the counties in Colorado. Why, then, is he rushing the other commissioners to a decision in areas of the county in which he does not live and takes no interest in the comments of those affected residents?
A big thank-you goes out to Commissioner George Newman who gets it and who is trying valiantly to preserve our rural character and defend the safety of his constituents, especially in light of the recent dispensary-targeted crime.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Aspen Skiing Co. buying land for more employee housing
- Court allows class-action against Aspen towing company
- Bankruptcy part of school district’s check into HR director
- Aspen’s housing program holding scofflaws accountable, focusing on compliance cases
- Cigarette advertising lights up conversation about Aspen’s ski pass art