Letter: Columnist misfires
October 12, 2013
While I appreciate Doug Allen's column on Krabloonik (Oct. 11, Aspen Daily News), he misrepresented me and I would like to correct him. I, personally, have never asked — nor would I ever ask — the public to "put (their) outrage on hold" over Krabloonik.
In 2011 while negotiating with the then-new manager, Guy Courtney, for better treatment of the dogs, I did send a letter to the editor thanking Guy and Dan for making some improvements after being told they were, and in hopes of encouraging them to continue to do so. They did not follow through and I never again complimented the facility or them personally.
Let me be clear. I believe the animals at Krabloonik are neglected, are not being socialized or given medical treatment as they should be and that abuse has occurred and continues to occur at the facility. The dogs' living conditions are absolutely abhorrent and inhumane. Snowmass Village officials need to address the abuse.
I have spent many hours working, and will continue to work, for sweeping changes at Krabloonik.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Historic Redstone Castle comes back to life along the Crystal River
- Aspen Skiing Co. alters dog hours for uphillers at Buttermilk, Snowmass and Highlands
- Aspen Mountain opens for the season with 180 acres of skiable terrain
- Strafe Outerwear and Thai eatery on Snowmass Mall this winter, added employee housing in the works
- Former Aspenite Devon Meyers and family lose home in Malibu fire