Letter: College trumps rec center
October 12, 2013
College trumps rec center
As small-business owners and residents of Basalt, it appears my family's property taxes will increase by almost $2,000 a year if the midvalley recreation center is approved.
Thanks, but I'd rather send my kids to college.
Please consider the financial burden the rec center will place on your neighbors and local businesses before voting yes.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Historic Redstone Castle comes back to life along the Crystal River
- Aspen Skiing Co. alters dog hours for uphillers at Buttermilk, Snowmass and Highlands
- Aspen Mountain opens for the season with 180 acres of skiable terrain
- Former Aspenite Devon Meyers and family lose home in Malibu fire
- Strafe Outerwear and Thai eatery on Snowmass Mall this winter, added employee housing in the works