Letter: College trumps rec center
October 12, 2013
College trumps rec center
As small-business owners and residents of Basalt, it appears my family's property taxes will increase by almost $2,000 a year if the midvalley recreation center is approved.
Thanks, but I'd rather send my kids to college.
Please consider the financial burden the rec center will place on your neighbors and local businesses before voting yes.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Parents demand change at Aspen School District, fill school board meeting
- Parents petition for Aspen School District superintendent’s removal
- Aspen’s $20,000 bike lockers gain no traction with commuters
- Aspen man accused of killing pedestrian on Highway 82 makes initial appearance
- Aspen thief has tough road ahead, judge says